Wednesday 7 August 2013

Tips to organize a closet



My all the shopaholic girls  If u living in a city like Delhi Im sure the space u have is not enough to organize your wardrobe because every time  u go to a mall eventually u tend to buy clothes  shoes bags,etc. so this article is all about how to organize your closet

With that said, I have gotten fairly creative at cramming a decent amount of clothes into a fairly tiny closet with a tidge of organization. Here are my tips:
Color coordinated closets look beautiful, but they have never functioned well for me. Instead I organize by item.
Coats go on the top rack in the far corner (If you have a coat closet, lucky you, and ignore this.)
I also hang skirts and pants on the top rack because they are shorter and won’t hang over the bottom bar. Pleated and easily wrinkled skirts get proper “skirt” hangers, and the others are hung folded, two per hanger (double hanging is crucial for a small closet!)
On the bottom bar I hang dresses followed by shirts. In the corner I hide the two jackets I reach for on chilly spring nights. Finally it’s important to keep the pieces you most often reach for within easy reach. For me this means keeping work appropriate dresses and shirts on the bottom bar.
As far as the always difficult to store shoes- I keep my nicer shoes on a shoe rack in the bottom of my closet, and boots on the shelf in between bars (stuffed full of magazines to keep their shape!) Sandals and flats are kept in a shoe rack on the back of the bedroom door.
I’m always looking to improve this system so do tell, how do your organize clothes in a small space?

No comments:

Post a Comment